Mariinsky Theatre Guest Soloist
• Prize-winner at the 26th International Glinka Competition of Vocalists (Kazan, 2019; 4th prize)
• Prize-winner at the 2nd Meistersinger von Nürnberg Singing Competition (2018; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 10th International Vocal Contest named after Zara Dolukhanova Amber Nightingale (Kaliningrad, 2016; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 7th International Vocal Competition of Jakub Pustina (Žďár nad Sázavou, Czech Republic, 2014; 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the 8th Klaudia Taev Competition for Young Opera Singers (Pärnu, Estonia, 2013; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 6th International Competition for Young Musicians Musical Vladivostok (2010; 2nd prize)
Anna Denisova was born in Amur Region. In 2016 she graduated from the Rimsky-Korsakov St Petersburg State Conservatory (class of Svetlana Gorenkova), subsequently continuing as a postgraduate student at the conservatory.
Anna made her Mariinsky Theatre debut as Prilepa (The Queen of Spades) in 2015.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Snow Maiden (The Snow Maiden)
Marfa (The Tsar’s Bride)
The Princess Unearthly-Beauty (Kashchey the Immortal)
A Tradeswoman (Mlada, concert performance)
Xenia (Boris Godunov, concert performance)
An Angel’s Voice (The Maid of Orleans, concert performance)
Prilepa and Masha (The Queen of Spades)
Ninette (The Love for Three Oranges)
Natasha Rostova and Dunyasha (War and Peace)
English Bride of the Lefthander and First Speaking Woman (The Lefthander)
Boyarina Morozova’s Son (Boyarina Morozova)
Zamarashka (A Christmas Tale)
Susanna and Barbarina (Le nozze di Figaro)
Zerlina (Don Giovanni)
Clorinda (La Cenerentola)
Lucia (Lucia di Lammermoor)
A Voice from Heaven (Don Carlo)
Violetta Valéry (La traviata)
Mlle Jouvenot (Adriana Lecouvreur)
Sister Genovieffa and an Alms Sister (Suor Angelica)
A Lover (Il tabarro)
Klingsor’s Flower Maiden (Parsifal)
Adele (Die Fledermaus)
Mélisande (Pelléas et Mélisande)
Part of Gabriel in Haydn’s The Creation, soprano parts in Handel’s Messiah, Bach’s Mass in B minor and Orff’s Carmina Burana
Has sung in premiere performances of new Mariinsky Theatre productions of The Queen of Spades (2015), Falstaff and The Tsar’s Bride (2018). Has toured with the Mariinsky Opera Company to Paris, Baden-Baden, Ljubljana, Shanghai, Harbin.
Anna appeared in productions of the St Petersburg International All Together Opera Festival as Louisa in Betrothal in a Monastery (2016), Lyudmila in Ruslan and Lyudmila (2017). She sung Violetta Valéry (La traviata) and Micaëla (Carmen) at the Theatre Vanemuine (Tartu, Estonia) under Erki Pehk. Her repertoire also includes the roles of Brigitta (Iolanta), Mimì (La Bohème), Lauretta (Gianni Schicchi), Sophie (Werther), Ilia (Idomeneo, re di Creta), Despina (Così fan tutte), Bastienne (Bastien und Bastienne), Helene (Hindemith’s Hin und zurück), the soprano parts in Bach’s Magnificat and Saint-Saëns’ La Nuit.
Has performed at the Bolshoi Theatre of Russia, St Petersburg’s Hermitage Theatre, the Festspielhaus Baden-Baden, the Meistersingerhalle Nürnberg and the Sverdlovsk Philharmony (Yekaterinburg) among other venues.
Information for January 2023