Mariinsky Theatre Guest Soloist
• Honoured Artist of the Republic of Buryatia (2015)
• Honoured Artist of Mongolia (2011)
• Recipient of the Golden Sofit, St Petersburg’s most prestigious theatre prize (2023; for the title role in the Mariinsky Theatre’s production of Nabucco)
• Prize-winner at the BBC Cardiff Singer of the World competition (2017; Song Prize)
• Prize-winner at the XV International Tchaikovsky Competition (Moscow – St Petersburg, 2015; Grand Prix, 1st prize and Gold Medal)
• Prize-winner at the III Muslim Magomayev International Vocalists’ Contest (Krasnogorsk, Moscow Region, 2014; 1st prize)
• Recipient of the award Mongolia’s Finest Singer (2012)
• Prize-winner at the 24th International Glinka Competition of Vocalists (Moscow, 2011; 1st prize, “Best Baritone of the Competition” award and Special Pavel Lisitsian Prize)
Ariunbaatar Ganbaatar was born near Ulaanbaatar in 1988. Graduated from the Mongolian State University of Arts and Culture in Ulaanbaatar in 2010 (class of Ochirbat Ichinkhorloo). The singer improved his skills under the guidance of teacher and accompanist Darima Linkhovoin, with whom he performed in Russia and abroad.
From 2014 to 2018 he was a soloist with the Buryat State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre (Ulan-Ude).
Has appeared at the Bolshoi Theatre of Russia, the Small Hall of the Moscow Conservatory, the Ópera de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain), New York’s Carnegie Hall, London’s Cadogan Hall and Buckingham Palace as well as at the Asia–Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit in Brussels.
Ariunbaatar made his Mariinsky Theatre debut in 2016, performing the part of Escamillo in Carmen.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Prince Yeletsky (The Queen of Spades)
Giorgio Germont (La traviata)
Count di Luna (Il trovatore)
Renato (Un ballo in maschera)
Rodrigo (Don Carlo)
Iago (Verdi’s Otello)
Alfio (Cavalleria rusticana)
Baron Scarpia (Tosca)
Information for November 2023